June 22, 2008

Yesterday's Chaos - Today's Headache

We woke up at 7am yesterday to head out to the farmer's market. We arrived home with only eggs and strawberries to be put away, then packed and prepared for our trip to Muskegon.

It had been nearly a month since we made the trip, and the first time driving for that long after my surgery. We had a full day planned, and were hoping for the best.

First stop, my mom's house. We spent a few hours with my mom and sister at the pool and had lunch together. After lunch, we played a quick game of cribbage, and I must say I skunked Tony. Not to brag, or anything.

We were then off to my cousin's open house with my sister in tow. Now, this was my cousin on my dad's side of the family, so most of these people had only heard about my sister, if that, which made introductions quite comical.

We killed some time at a local park before meeting up with my mom and the man she has been dating for dinner at Mango's.

Having more time to kill before the sunset, we headed to a playground I had never been to before at Kruse park. As we pulled in we saw some familiar vehicles and quickly familiar faces. We ran into Daniel and Katie and their children. It was absolutely the best surprise. We were able to spend some time with them before the approaching bed time demanded they go home.

Fortunately, we were able to stay and witness one of the most astonishing sunsets I have ever laid eyes on, complete with two rainbows. Tony took some great pictures that I may post later when I figure out how to access them.

Being the spontaneous person he is, Tony convinced Beth that we should all go swimming as the sun set, and dive in once the sun had sunk beneath the clouds. So, in our clothes, we went swimming. I believe that was Bethany's first Lake Michigan sunset, and it will certainly be one I always remember.

After we were all cold enough and ready, we found a restroom to dry off and change in and headed home, fully exhausted.

We arrived home at 10:45pm and unpacked the car, set up Bethany's temporary bed, and settled in for the night. We fell asleep around midnight, after squeezing every possible ounce of energy out of me.

So it is no surprise this morning I woke up with a headache so strong it felt as though I drank something I shouldn't have, and way too much of it the night before. The combination of the food we ate as well as the activities we thoroughly took advantage of wiped be out.

I was able to do some exploring with Tony and Beth this morning, finding a unique playground as our destination. However, right now, I am in bed trying to get rid of this headache and pleading with my back not to hurt. So far, my back is agreeing with me. But Tony and I decided I have pushed myself enough and to rest for a while. Tony and Beth are currently walking to the library and will spend some time there while I have time to recover.


Blogger Tony Petty said...

Oh... if we had only read these words before leaving... "Sunday hours will end May 25, 2008".

9:54 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home