June 05, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday was a really rough day. I had the chills with a fever of 99 degrees, according to our thermometer that gives a different reading every time you use it. I was in a ton of pain and was miserable.

After calling my doctor's office, the nurse said that Dr. Stubbart thought I was having a reaction to the anesthesia. I thought I would have already had the reaction, but apparently not. She called in a prescription for me that was an anti inflammatory boost, or something. You take six pills the first day, and the pills taper off each day until you take none.

After reading through the three pages of directions, warnings, and when to seek immediate professional help, I was a bit nervous to take the pills. The best sentence was at the end of the half page of side effects, it said "This is not a complete list of all possible side effects"

So I took the six pills, bringing my daily total of pills to an unnatural number, and hoped for the best.

Today I seem to be feeling a considerable amount better. I have had more energy and have been in a lot less pain. I even swept the floor (we have all hardwood floors in our new place and I was getting sick of dirt sticking to my bare feet) but when Tony saw what I was doing, he demanded I stop and rest.

So I did. I took a nap and have been taking it easy tonight. I am feeling better than I have in quite some time, and I am hoping that this does not fade, hoping that I continue to heal and get more energy each day.

I do not want any more set backs, any more obstacles in my healing process. It has been nearly a year since this has started, and I truly hope it won't be much longer until it is finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Rudd said...

So glad today was better - I'm hoping for a quick and total recovery! Thinking of you..

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home