May 29, 2008

Home

Today was exciting. I was sleeping in my hospital room and an alarm starting going off. I woke up and we heard a bunch of sirens. Tony and I weren't sure what was going on, so we turned on the television.

The first image we saw was the hospital on fire with a bunch of billowing smoke. We were in that building. We soon learned that the hospital was hit by a helicopter, but we were in the south tower, and it was the central tower that was hit by the helicopter.

We were watching wzzm and they asked anyone that saw it or had any information to call in. So, I called. I was on the news and I got to talk to Lauren Stanton on air (I think that is who it was).

Because of the accident, they had all of the roads around the hospital closed off, which delayed my discharge. But, I was able to get home by three.

I am home now, resting, healing, and doing well. The leg pain is gone. My back is quite sore, but I am in good hands.

If I have called you and wasn't making any sense, I apologize. I don't remember many of my phone calls.

And thanks again for all of your encouraging comments and phone calls.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Glad you are doing well. VERY glad that it was the other building.
I remember when I was put under for a procedure and coming out of it. James wrote down everything I said and had me call a lot of our friends and family so that they could hear all the crazy things I said. It was pretty funny.

10:12 PM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

Holy cow. What the ___(?!) Stop being in buildings that get hit by helicopters. We don't like that.


Glad you're home, feeling better.. so happy the surgery went well!

:)

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Allie, Dearest said...

O cannot believe. To watch the news and realize that the place you're at is on fire? Crazy.

Nice to meet you!

5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home