May 14, 2008

Painful Relief

Yesterday I had a spinal injection. It was the worst experience so far in my road to no pain.

It was a relatively short procedure, but I cried through the whole thing. It felt like he was digging in my bone. And my leg went numb. I was nauseous all day, and had hot flashes that night. Some of the pain was gone, but I had a bunch of tightness in my thigh and lower leg. Not pleasant.

Today, I woke up feeling better. The nausea is gone. Yey. And the pain that has been shooting down my leg for the last several months is not there. Big yey. There is aching in my butt cheek and just below it.

So I am happy to have some relief after such a painful procedure. I am concerned that it will not last. I am also concerned they will want me to do it again. I really really don't want to.

I also met with a surgeon on Monday and have a surgery scheduled for June 12. He said if the injection worked and I made significant improvement I could cancel it. So, I am not sure what is going to happen at this point.

Other good news, we found an apartment in the city. Really Big Yey. We have to be out of here by June 1. We will be within walking distance of the hospital, Fulton Street Farmers Market, Wealthy Street Bakery, and many other great places. I am excited to move. I am excited for this new chapter in our life.

So a lot is going on, and there is still a lot that we don't know anything about. I am sure we will continue to have an emotionally charged journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home