May 18, 2008

Ch-Ch-Changes

There have been many changes brewing for some time now, and it has been frustrating waiting, wondering what was going to come of all of it. There are some answers to some questions we have been asking, although the changes feel like a temporary distraction at best to the true questions we have been struggling with.

So the big changes that are happening:

1- I am having surgery on May 27. This is much sooner than expected, but I am happy to get it over with. The spinal injection didn't work. Dr.Stubbart will be doing a discectomy and a laminectomy. He will be removing the herniated part of the disc, as well as a small part of the bone to get to the disc. He will not be doing a fusion. They say there will be about a 6 week recovery, and I won't be able to drive for 2-3 weeks.

2- We are moving! Yey. We signed our lease on Friday and will be moving this Saturday, with help from some family and friends. We will be living in Grand Rapids. This will mean we will be closer to a lot of things, such as the farmer's market and the hospital. It is a small one bedroom, so we are working on downsizing, but it is the perfect apartment. I am excited to move.

3- I quit my job at Target. Because of everything going on with my back, we decided it was best for me to quit. I am left on good terms, so if I ever want to go back I can. And this will give me the summer to rest and heal. Once I am better, I can find a job that works for me.

So lots of changes, lots of emotions. We shall see what this leads us to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have to have the surgery but, glad to know that you are OK with it and you will be well again soon.
Let me know what your new address is so I can stay in touch! :)
Congrats on the new apartment.
Doesn't sound like you'll be in Muskegon anytime soon. :( Have Tony (or you)keep things posted about how you are doing after the surgery. I'll be thinking of you!

Debbie

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home