April 01, 2008

Artistic?

I have had a lot of time on my hands lately. Unfortunately, I am very limited as to how I can spend that time. I spend a lot of it laying on the ground.

So I have been trying to think of things to do that don't involve the television or the internet. I read a couple of books. Right now I am in the middle of one.

The other thing I started to do is crochet. My grandma taught me some basics when I was a kid and we have some leftover yarn from my sister's party. So, we purchased a crochet hook and I started just crocheting for fun. I then decided I wanted to make something. We needed better yarn because the stuff I had was ugly. I have been working on making a baby blanket (I wanted to make a blanket because they are somewhat simple, but decided to stay small, so I went with a baby blanket). It is light blue and white. So far, I am making good progress, but have a long way to go.

The other thing we have been working on is painting. We bought a cheap piece of wood that says "dream" and some paint. I finished it last night. For never painting or doing anything very artistic before, I would say it looks alright. We painted the whole thing blue, then some green at the bottom to look like grassy hills and white at the top to look like clouds.

Our original plan was to put it in the motor home once we purchased one, so we shall see if that ever happens...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Petty said...

Dream baby, dream.

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are trying to be creative with your time.
Hope you get better soon.
Good talking to you today.

Debbie

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home