January 09, 2008

Falling In Love

I spent the afternoon in Urban Mill, a coffee shop in Grand Rapids. I had the best chicken pesto grilled panini ever, and a spiced chai tea latte- simply delicious. I did some work, read for a while, and hung out with Stephanie. It was very enjoyable.
Spending time with a good friend, chilling with no time limit or place to be, I was thoroughly relaxed.
When I left, I drove around the area for a while, admiring the houses. I love that area. The houses are so unique, and the area is amazing.
Every time I drive into the city, I am in awe of the skyline. I know that there are many cities with bigger and better skylines, but this one captivates me. Every time I get a glimpse of it, it is as if I am seeing it for the first time. I have to remind myself to pay attention to the curving road.
Once in the city, I continue to gaze at the buildings. They are so random, yet they make perfect sense. Each and every time I go into the city, my desire to live there grows intensely. Today was no exception.
Our lease is up in April....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Yum! I love urban mill. When i went to GVSU that was a dangerous place for me. They have the best chai ever, don't they? Grand Rapids holds a special place in my heart too. i am glad we don't live too far away because we visit it often.

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love downtown Grand Rapids. I love the view coming from Lake Michigan Drive and I-196 coming down the hill. :)

7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home