March 24, 2008

A Set Back

Last week I was making a good amount of progress with physical therapy. I had minimal pain in my back and the pain no longer went down my leg. I was able to walk a lot more, and I was very hopeful that I would be back to normal soon.

And I quickly learned how fragile I still am, how soon progress can stop. Thursday I accidentally slept on my stomach, which lead to a very painful Friday. After doing my stretches and trying to stay active, I felt a bit better.

Saturday morning I went to the chiropractor and he could tell I was in pain. I was frustrated and chose to ignore it. We continued with our plans and I convinced myself that walking and staying busy would help keep the pain at bay. For the most part it did. I was in barely any pain all day, until we got home and I started to relax.

Yesterday we decided to stay home instead of heading to Muskegon for Easter dinner. I was in quite a bit of pain, and I knew I needed to stay home. I have to get better.

So today when I went in for physical therapy, I told Rick about this set back and the pain I have been in. He seemed concerned and left the room for a second. He came back in on his cell phone, making a phone call to Dr. Faber. Rick informed Dr.Faber of what was going on and requested an MRI.

When Rick got off the phone he explained that he is not freaked out, but that he wants to make sure that he isn't missing something.

At this point I was in tears. Not only was the pain intense, but I was sick of the emotional ups and downs. I am ready to get better. I need to get back to work. I am sick of not being able to do anything without being in pain.

So, the plan is to continue with physical therapy and chiropractic care. Rick is going to get in touch with me when he knows more about the MRI. And I am doing everything I can to get better.

I just hope the next time there is improvement that there isn't a set back shortly after.

"And it came to pass."

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony Petty said...

- Mark Lowery

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

oh, I'm sorry, Tara. I thought on Saturday a few times that I could see you weren't comfortable. It was incredibly nice of you to push through the day and enjoy the museum with us, but I really hope the sandbox stool and repeated stair trips didn't make things worse!

We did have a great time with you.
:)

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Tara Petty said...

thanks tony.

Katie, I am glad that I was able to spend the day with you guys Saturday. The activity of the day didn't make anything worse than it was, and being able to get out and enjoy the day was worth it.
I hope the van ride home was full of sleeping kids instead of cranky ones. :)

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Rick and Vicki said...

How frustrating for you, Tara. I hope you get some answers soon and that the pain stops right now.
Care about you.
Vicki

8:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home