August 08, 2008

Recent Petty Happenings

Upon our return from the island, life has been mostly uneventful.

We are preparing for our trip to South Carolina for my brother's wedding. We will be leaving early Wednesday and coming home late the following Tuesday. Unfortunately, we will be missing one of our weekly pick ups of fresh veggies from our CSA.

I have started physical therapy again. I met with my surgeon a few weeks ago and he said that I am "good to go" but gave me a prescription for physical therapy at my request. I want to make sure I do everything possible to prevent this from happening again. So far therapy is going really well and I am feeling the benefits. Hooray for recovery.

My friend Heather, who lives in Alaska, called the other night with wonderful news that she is pregnant. Her and her husband have been trying for years, and were looking at really slim odds. I am so happy for them.

I got my first ever parking ticket yesterday. Stupid fire hydrants. It was during PT and I figure I can send it in to health insurance, and they will cover it since it is a health related expense. :)

Tony's mom is in the hospital again. She had seizures last night and she is going to be in the hospital for a few days.

My grandma had her 12th surgery recently. She went to mayo because none of the doctors around here would take her case. Fortunately, the surgery went well and she was released the next day.

My next post will probably be either during or after our trip to South Carolina, hopefully with pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick and Vicki said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time at the island. Vacations are great!
You both look good.
Miss you guys.

8:55 AM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

I think we'll see you tomorrow?
Yay for a chance to cross paths during our respectively crazy weeks!

:)

5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home