July 06, 2008

Bike Ride

Tonight, Tony and I went for a three mile bike ride. We rode into down town and ate at Jimmy John's since they were the only place that was open. It felt great to be able to go without any pain.

The last time I tried to go for a bike ride was last summer and I ended up in so much pain I was on the floor for hours trying to recover.

This entire weekend kept us busy; driving, swimming, walking, driving, standing, playing with children, stressful family situations, and even more driving. This is a normal weekend of activities for most people, but before my surgery it would have been impossible for me to accomplish without a week of pain to follow.

And to top it all off, this morning we were able to sit through an entire service at Mars Hill, do all of our laundry at a laundromat, go for a mile walk, and later a three mile bike ride.

I am in no pain, and don't remember the last time I took medicine for the pain. That puts a smile on my face.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better and are getting back to your old self:)

Hopefully we will make it out to Mars soon.

10:28 AM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

This makes me very happy!

I'm feeling pretty lazy today..keep looking outside thinking
"I should go for a bike ride".

Maybe reading your post will inspire me to get moving - or maybe I'll ust curl up with a book. Grey foggy days make me want to hibernate.

11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home