November 19, 2007

Good Things

Today, as I rest at home, I am joyfully overwhelmed with the great possibilities that are in our future.

The main reason that we moved away from Muskegon, admittedly not very far, but away nonetheless, was to create some healthy distance from our broken and hurting families, and to (hopefully) ultimately break the generational curse. Even though we wanted to move, and felt as though it was the right thing to do, it was not an easy transition.

We spent a few nights saying "remember in Muskegon, how..." before we realized how potentially dangerous those thoughts were, and if we continued to think that way, we would never enjoy our new home. (for those of you who may want to ask if we plan on staying in jenison- that is a good question. All I can say is, we are open to change, and do not want to quit growing.)

Over the last few months, I have begun to see part of the benefit of moving here, and I truly believe that good things will continue to happen. I am not foolish- I know that life will never be free of challenge, and I don't expect our lives to ever be boring.

However, the peace and joy that I have had in the last few months has been amazing. And when I think about the future, mostly I am excited. I am thankful for the people that have been placed in our lives, the relationships that are forming, and those in our lives that continue to offer hope.

I can sense freedom in our lives. And that is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Rudd said...

glad you are feeling so right with the world - thanks for helping to make the zoo so fun for the girls - they have talked about you and tony a lot the last couple of days.
:)

2:34 PM

 
Blogger Charity said...

Very good to hear about your peace of mind and contentment with where you are at right now. We do miss you here in Muskegon though.

It was nice just to catch up when we did a couple of weeks ago. Hope to see you guys soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love,
The Beans

8:04 AM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

I'll call you if we go to Grandville. Is it far from your house? I have no idea...you know me and directions! I think we're going Thursday afternoonish...

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home