October 13, 2007

The Smell of Fall

October is quickly becoming my favorite month. I love all of the smells, and I am enjoying the weather. I am glad that the temperature is finally in a normal range for this time of year. I used to long for the days of summer and dread the coming of fall. This year was different.

Perhaps it was because we chose to go without air conditioning, maybe because we were a half hour drive away from the beautiful Lake Michigan, perhaps my back pain that started in July kept us from fully enjoying summer, or possibly a combination of these and other factors. Either way, I am glad that fall has arrived.

I am excited to relish in the cool days of autumn. To curl up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa wrapped in a blanket. What has not changed is my dread of the horrible Michigan roads once snow has collected on them, or the chaos of juggling working in retail during the holidays and family gatherings with seven parents. Fortunately, we have a couple of months before then. I plan on cherishing this weather while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home