August 30, 2008

A New Job

Starting Tuesday, I will be a cook at Olga's Kitchen on Wealthy. I am shocked and nervous. Going back to work is going to take a little adjusting, but there is something about preparing food and working under stress that really excites me.

I have been off of work since March, due to my back problems. I have been feeling fantastic and physical therapy is going really well. I continue to put my back to the test in new ways, and it seems to be holding up. So, I need to get back at making money instead of just spending it.

I have a ton of great memories from this summer that I would not have been able to make if I didn't quit my job in order to have back surgery and fully recover without being rushed.

I am happy with how quickly I was able to find a job, but hope I will not become content with it but continue to question who I am and what I am supposed to be doing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Yummm. . . curly fries and pita wedges!

Good Luck!

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

I love Olga's!
Congrats on getting the job - I hope you love it. Maybe you'll be able to get some great new ideas for cooking at home, too.
Definitely wanting some pita bread right now.
:)

3:05 PM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

Hope the first day was fun! Things went well here, and now we're gearing up to do it all again at dawn.
:)

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home