June 10, 2007

Surprise Strawberry

I am officially 21 as of last Thursday. After I got out of work on Wednesday, I came home and Tony was anxious to go somewhere, anywhere. So we went to get my haircut and then to Cracker Barrel.

We also stopped at Meijer and Tony went in alone. He came out with some pictures he had ordered and a birthday card.

When we got home there was a basket with fresh wonderful strawberries, Boonesfarm, Pucker, popcorn, candles, and a birthday card from my dad and Ellen. There was also a bag with a bunch of parts in it. Tony told me to figure out what they were for. Then I looked outside and saw a new patio set in our backyard. It was all from dad and Ellen.


What a night. And it wasn't even my birthday yet.

Thursday we went to see Knocked Up and hung out at the mall. We went out to dinner with some of our friends. We went to a place called El Burrito Loco. For dessert, i got free fried ice cream. That is a great surprise. I absolutely love fried ice cream. We then went to Marc and Shelby's, and hung out with a group of friends for while, drinking and talking.

Friday my mom was supposed to come over, but she ended up going to the hospital. Adam and Ashly were supposed to come over as well, but of course couldn't because they had to go visit mom.

I thought I had a great birthday, some let downs, but over all, satisfying.

Then today, we get home from church, and inside of our garage were two pairs of children's shoes. I assure you we have no children, and there is no reason for shoes in our garage. I asked Tony why they were there, and he didn't seem to care. He just told me to go inside.

Well, he had planned a surprise party. Dad and Ellen, Ben and Laura, Andrea and her kids, and Jennifer were all standing inside. That is a much better explanation for the shoes than I had come up with. And they brought even more strawberries. We have soo many now, I hope they don't go to waste.

I am trying to be grateful for the people who are there, and not let other people disappoint me. My mom should be sharing my birthday with me. But she hasn't been there before and I shouldn't expect otherwise. And that shouldn't take away from everyone else in my life.

I think all of the surprises are over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Tara.

I remembered; then forgot; then remembered again! (wedding stuff on my mind) Hope you had a great time.
Sure sounds like it.

Miss you guys!

Debbie

2:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

The house is almost done... then you guys will have to come see it!

Get ahold of me sometime...
laura.terhaar@hotmail.com
New Cell : 231-740-2696

Miss ya!
Laura TerHaar

12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home