January 13, 2006

Another Fast Fun and Friendly day at Target

After the holidays hours are scarce at Target. Therefore, today was the third day I worked in two weeks. However, it was interesting. I worked from five to ten thirty, so I closed. Around six, a guy was checking out and he was trying to pay with his Bridge card. This was the first time I had someone use a Bridge card and the card reader was not accepting it, so after getting some help, I was trying to swipe it. And after sevaral attempts, it read the card. However it was denied. So, I tried to run it again, mostly for the customer's own satisfaction because once it is denied the chances are that the second time will be no different. So, it was denied again. I was very apologetic and asked if he had any other form of payment. "No" he said "I'll just go to Walmart" and he stormed off leaving his cart full of bags in front of my lane. For some reason, this upset me. I wasnt angry, I just felt bad. This is the first time a customer made me feel that way.

Later, around nine, a guy purchased five different things that came to a total of $545 so I tried to get him to fill out a red card app to save ten percent. He almost did but decided he didnt have enough time. So he paid with a check. His check was denied. I told him his check was denied, gave him the number to call, and asked if he had another form of payment. Unlike most reactions of surprise, he was like "Ok, no I dont" and he left. When I brought his stuff to the service desk I explained the situation. The security guard at Target thinks he was trying to pass off a bad check.

Also, there was the lady who felt that she needed to tell me how to bag her stuff.

And the lady who got the wrong item, so went to get the correct one that was on sale, and came back with the same thing she first got.

And the couple who looked vaguely familiar and i asked "Did you used to go to OVCC" Their reply "Yes. We did."

And the screaming kids whose parents don't even pay attention. And the screaming kids whose parents yell at them saying "Quit acting like that. You are making a scene. You are embarrassing yourself"

Oh yeah the women who checked out and complained of the workers staring at them and peeking at them from around corners. "That's just rude. That is what happens when you shop at Walmart" they informed me.

Then there's the really nice people who are very kind and try to be helpful. And I enjoy seeing people I know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel. I work at Target, and today a man came over to Food Avenue, first complaining that we didn't have anything he came to look for... Then he ordered a large popcorn. I told him we only had the one size, and he rolled his eyes, cursed, and said, "Jesus... Next time I'll just go to Walmart." I couldn't help but think, "Please do..." Don't let guests get you down though. People that have nothing better to do than give other people a hard time are just petty and need to get a life. I hope you have better days!

12:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home