December 26, 2005

Too busy to enjoy Christmas

Yesterday for Christmas, Tony and I woke up at seven and drove to my mom's to open "santa gifts" with my sister. Around ten we went to his mom's to open gifts with his sister (where Tony had an asthma attack), and left at eleven. However, we did not go home to enjoy a peaceful Christmas with each other. No. We drove to Durand. A normally two and a half hour drive turned three because of an accident on the other side of the highway. We spent the afternoon with his dad and stepmom and her family. We left there around five thirty to come home. And while it wasn't snowing in Muskegon, it was in Durand. And there is nothing that stresses me out more than driving at night in the snow (except going to the mall three days before Christmas). And we arrived home around nine thirty. Again, quite a bit longer than two and a half hours. By the time we got home I was ready for bed, especially considering I had to be up at five thirty in the morning in order to be to work on time. No, this is not my idea of an enjoyable Christmas. And while I enjoy (to some level) spending time with our family, I would much rather stay at home with my much more enjoyable husband and have them come to us. Maybe next year we will be able to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home