January 04, 2006

The New Year Has Begun

It is 2006. Another year has come and gone. Let's see, 2005 was full of wonderful surprises.

We celebrated our one year anniversary in October. I love being married to Tony. He is my best friend, and I love spending time with him. It has been a wonderful year.

Let's start with the jobs. At the beginning of the year, I was working two jobs. I was a cook at Bob Evans and also a home health aide for Arcadia. I quit Bob Evans in hopes of more hours at Arcadia. I ended up quitting Arcadia, to make a long story short, so we could move to the Amazon. Tony has worked at the church all year. He also worked at Wagenmaker Greenhouses for a little over a month. Through the summer he worked at Maranatha as their sound tech. Now he is doing work for Daniel on Stock20. I did a little work for Farm Bureau doing some telemarketing. That was not very succesful and i was only there for a couple of weeks. Now I am working at Target, as well as watching the cutest boys in the world.

In May we moved to the Amazon apartments, where we are currently. We love living here. We share the apartment with my brother. It's nice. He is never around. We are not sure what we are going to do in May when our lease is up, but we are sure God has something exciting planned.

Also, we got a new car. Unfortunately, I believe it was a downgrade. I like to think of it as God keeping us humble. We had a 91 Corsica that came to a bitter end on the corner of Sherman and Baker when an impala ran a red light and the two cars collided. Very tragic. Now we have a 93 Tempo, or as we like to call it a "Merempo." We call it this because, it too had a collision with another vehicle. However, instead of ending its life it simply needed some spare parts. From a Mercury.

My stepmom had brainsurgery. She went into the hospital on a Monday and came home on a Wednesday. She has recovered really well. She went back to work on Tuesday(Jan3).
My mom has been in and out of the hospital throughout the year. She is filing for divorce from Todd. Not sure when that will be final, but it has made things fairly difficult for her and Bethany.

Daniel and Andrea adopted the two cutest boys in the world, Isaac and Will. (although anyone reading this already knows about them) What a miracle they are. I am so happy for Daniel and Andrea.

My cousin Bill got married in June to Dana. They are pregnant and due near the end of July. Very happy for them. Also, my cousin Dan and his wife Laura had a beautiful girl in November named Anna. Many many people we know are pregnant or just had a baby, or are trying. When we got married, we planned on waiting for five years before we had children. It has been a little more than a year, and I am itching to have children. But we must wait.

We just purchased our first digital camera. That is nice.

My stepbrother Bryan came home safely from serving in Iraq. Also his third child, Broderick, was born while he was gone. Ashley is two and Blake is six (maybe seven?)

My grandparents celebrated their fiftieth wedding anniversary.

I think that is all the big stuff.... hope i didn't forget something important.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony Petty said...

Strange how things workout sometimes - alot of bad news - job to job to job, brain surgery, baby born with father was away in iraq, two car accidents, etc, etc... but if you look at the glass half full - God has always provided food and money for us with these jobs, brain surgery went really well with no complications, Brian is home safely and all went well with that, and God has always provided cars for us - even before the Corsica.

Anyway - lots of text with no pictures here, but lots of pictures with little text here.

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Tara Petty said...

i love you tony.

that's the difference between us. your glass is always half full and mine is half empty. but thats how we are the same.
which is why we are the same.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger Ang said...

what an eventful year. I can't believe that you have been married so long already!!

happy new year:)

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Tara Petty said...

thank you and happy new year to you (and maya) :)

5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home