October 07, 2011

My Boys

I realize how fortunate I am. There are three amazing boys in my life, one of whom happens to be a truly outstanding husband.

Ian. Dear, sweet, chunky, lovable, Ian. My second born, he is full of life and wonder. In just under four months he has nearly tripled his birth weight. As I sit here holding this precious gift, feeling the warmth and weight of his body on mine, listening to the gentle rhythm of his sleepy breathing, I am full of love and gratitude. Life for him did not start out easily. He had to fight his way into this world, and fight to stay here. Now there is no question- he is healthy and thriving. His beautiful dark hair is gradually filling in, while his gorgeous blue eyes continue to shine. Loving him is easy. His laughter melts my heart and calms my soul, if only momentarily. The way he looks at me reminds me how much he needs and loves me.

Levi. Amazing Levi, full of love and surprises, he fills me with joy and reminds me to savor the moments. I am in awe of how gentle and caring he is. Through all of the turbulent changes this summer brought him, he has remained joyful and easygoing. He is curious about the world around him- always trying to figure it out. He has so many words, thoughts of his own, opinions, draws his own conclusions, and is not shy about expressing them. The other night as I helped put him to bed, I was singing to him and he kept asking ‘another one, another one’ while he gently rubbed my arm. Moments like those I hope to never forget. He made me a mother. He changed me forever the moment he was born, and continues to shape me every day since.

Tony. My strength and my love, he is the most amazing man that exists. He is patient, gentle, generous, a wonderful and loving father, compassionate, creative, passionate, selfless, honest, kind, and so much more. He loves me well. He knows everything there is to know about me and yet still, somehow, wants me, wants to share life with me. He has not had any easy role being my husband. From my back surgery to postpartum depression, he has had to be there for me through many difficult times. And each time he exceeds any expectations. We recently celebrated our seven year anniversary. I use the term celebrate loosely since we weren’t even in the same state, but I know we’ll have many more years to celebrate properly. Being married to him and having him as my partner in life has made me a better person.


I am one incredibly lucky (and grateful) woman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Rudd said...

lovely. :) and they are just as lucky to have you.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Tara Petty said...

thank you, katie.

miss you.

8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home