April 22, 2009

36 Weeks

Time flies. Today marks the 36th week. I am 90% of the way through my pregnancy, and have 28 days left. I think the scariest number is the 28 days. That is such a short amount of time.

I had another appointment today and am very excited. Things are going so well. My blood pressure was back to normal and I have even lost a pound. (I'm thinking it was the stomach bug diet that made me lose that pound)

It is mandatory in the state of NY to have an HIV blood test done when you are pregnant. I understand, but in my case I know I don't have HIV and think it is a waste of time and money to test me for it. But either way, they took my blood today.

They also did the Group B Strep test and checked my cervix. I am about a 1 and she said about 60-75% effaced. She said she was able to touch his head and that it isn't going anywhere. The head is in the -1 position, which means his head is dropping.

After feeling my belly and pushing on the baby she said he already weighs 7 pounds and that if she didn't know better she would think I was further than 36 weeks.

All of a sudden this feels real. This baby is coming and from the sound of it, sooner rather than later. I am so excited! I can not wait to meet Levi, to hold him in my arms, to get to know his personality, to stare at him for hours on end.

The time is coming and I am getting very excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

As i was reading this, i was getting more and more excited. . . my heart started beating a little bit faster. We are so excited for you guys!!

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

I can't stand it. I'm too happy!! You're going to be great parents, and I cannot WAIT to hold little Levi & tell him how lucky he is to have you for a mama. :)

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home