December 21, 2008

Names

Ever since I was in the second grade I knew what I wanted to name my first son. Wierd, maybe, but I knew. I had a name picked out and I stuck with it for a long time. When Tony and I were dating and talking about kids, I let him know that I wanted this name and made him like it, despite the fact that a kid with the same name bullied him as a kid. Then I found out I was pregnant. And slowly the name has faded and I don't like it anymore. I think Tony is happy I have moved on.

And I never could decide on a girls name. And Tony is pickier than I am. So, we have no names. Hopefully when we find out the gender, we will have an easier time deciding. But for now, we can't think of any that we love. Some that we like, that are ok, but none that we could picture naming our child.

So, we would love any suggestions for names. Here are some things to keep in mind:

1- We would prefer a name that means something.
2- We want a name that is fairly unique, but not bizarre.
3- If the name lends itself to nicknames, fine, if not, fine.
4- If you make a suggestion, please don't be offended if we don't use it. It doesn't mean we don't like you.

And also, since we don't know the gender yet, we would love to hear your guesses as to what it is that I am growing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. We look forward to your input. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Pulaski said...

Hi Tony and Tara,
I look forward to seeing you soon at Marc and Shelby's. I was reading in my Parent magazine and it talked about baby names. I thought a neat boy name listed was Justice. I will not be the least bit offended if you don't use it. Names are hard to come up with. It took Rick and I a long time to come up with Jinnae.
Happy name deciding.
Vicki

10:10 PM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

We are in the same boat. We had a boy's name picked out that we both totally are in love with, and lo and behold, we are having a girl. We really have no names we just completely love for a girl...we may not name her until she is actually born. Hope to talk to you soon!

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home