June 21, 2009

Green Smoothie


What do you get when you mix 3 peaches, 2 bananas, and 6 cups of spinach? A nutritious, delicious smoothie.

A friend of mine mentioned her recent commitment to trying green smoothies and I was interested. Tony and I are always trying to find new ways to eat veggies and other good food. Lately we've struggled. Apparently when you have a newborn and time is limited, you begin to make choices based on how quickly you can get food ready, which often means poor food choices. Junk food has slowly begun to find its way into our cupboards.

When we finished putting away our groceries today, our fridge was full of colorful food and our cupboards were almost bare. This put a smile on my face. Tonight we made our smoothies for tomorrow and from the taste test I had, I'm excited to finish the treat tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Rudd said...

Wow, I'm excited to try that! :) Anything to get more veggies.

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home